Sunday March 31st, 2019
In view of the forthcoming entry into force of the EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA), the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation has launched an EPA Helpdesk (https://www.eu-japan.eu/epa-helpdesk) to raise awareness of the opportunities this agreement offers, to help EU SMEs take advantage of them, and guide them in their search for relevant information.
The “EPA Helpdesk” will provide up-to-date information and recommendations on the potential benefits the EU-Japan EPA will offer EU SMEs. Every month the EU-Japan Centre will organise a webinar and publish an information pack composed of a Factsheet and Guidelines covering a specific topic or sector.
Would you be interest in being regularly kept informed of these forthcoming EPA-related publications and webinars?
If so, feel free to fill in the online form https://www.eu-japan.eu/eu-japan-epa-helpdesk-information
< EPA Helpdesk Webinar #1: Rules of Origin >
How can my SME benefit from the preferential rates linked to the Rules of Origin?
The EU-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement will come into force in 2019 giving opportunities to European SMEs to start exporting or strengthen their exports to Japan. The agreement lets exporters benefit from preferential rates provided that their products are made within the European Union.
However, the Rules of Origin can become complex to understand, especially when the supply chain involves multiple countries. The goal of this webinar is to provide easy to understand information about what the Rules of Origin are. It will also act as a guide for SMEs with regards to the procedures they need to follow in order to prove their goods are from the EU.
The webinar is targeted to European companies seeking to understand and benefit from the EU-Japan EPA.
What you will learn during this webinar:
In 40 minutes from your desk, discover how to:
– Understand how your SME can benefit from the Rules of Origin and preferential rates
– Determine in which cases the goods you are exporting will be considered as originating from the EU
– Find which rule to apply to prove your products are European
– Understand the exceptions and tolerances to the rules
– Find out where necessary documents are and which procedures to follow
– Know which tariffs will be lowered after the agreement comes into force
– Learn about a Greek SME’s experience with exporting to Japan