Monday November 13th, 2017
SEMINAR ON INNOVATION, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
The KU Leuven, supported by its Alumni Chapter Japan and by the embassy of Belgium, is delighted to invite you to a seminar on innovation, research & development.
Situated in Belgium, in the heart of Western Europe, KU Leuven has been a center of learning for nearly six centuries. Today, it is Belgium’s largest university and, founded in 1425, one of the oldest and most renowned universities in Europe. In 2017, for the second year in a row, it tops Reuters ranking of Europe’s most innovative universities.
This free seminar will focus on recent research and cooperation in the field of mechatronics and manufacturing technology, introduce KU Leuven Research & Development and explain the strong links between KU Leuven, IMEC and Leuven MindGate.
Monday November 13th, 2017 from 9.30 am until 12.10 pm
Programme (All talks will be in English)
- 09.30 – 09.50 am: Registration and Welcome Coffee
- 09.50 – 10.00 am Welcome Remarks
- E. Gunther Sleeuwagen, Ambassador of Belgium
- An Descheemaeker, KU Leuven Liaison Japan
- 10.00 – 10.30 am KU Leuven Research & Development – prof. dr. Wim Desmet
- 10.30 – 11.15 am IMEC – Leuven Mindgate – mr. Maarten Willems, business director IMEC
- 11.15 – 12.00 pm KU Leuven Innovations in Mechatronics and Manufacturing – prof. Wim Desmet
- 12.00- 12.10 pm Conclusions – prof. dr. Nobuyuki Okubo, Event Officer KU Leuven Alumni Chapter Japan
Embassy of Belgium in Tokyo
Address: Nibancho 5-4, Chiyoda-ku 102-0084, Tokyo
Please add your registration via this link.
Registration will be closed on November 1st. Due to the capacity at the embassy, your application might not be accepted, please confirm our reply mail.
This KU Leuven Innovation Seminar is organised in conjunction with the IMEC Technology Forum Japan. If you are interested in attending ITF japan, please contact Chris Vanherck.