The Embassy of Belgium in Tokyo is hiring a customer-friendly Administrative Assistant
One-year contract – renewable
– Support the activities of the political section of the Embassy, with a focus on cultural and academic activities
– Full-time job in a dynamic and pleasant working environment
– Translate documents (emails, letters, articles, social media posts, etc.) from Japanese to English and vice-versa
– Provide translation support (Japanese to English) during speeches, operational meetings, etc.
– Draft official correspondence
– Contribute to the logistical organization of official visits as well as events hosted by the Embassy (arrange agendas, schedules, transportation, catering, equipment, etc.)
– Provide customer-oriented and efficient assistance to citizens of partners visiting or calling the Embassy
– Manage small accounting tasks under the supervision of the manager
– Carry out various secretarial tasks
– Other missions, depending on the needs
– Excellent oral and written knowledge of Japanese (native level mandatory)
– Excellent command of English, both written and oral
– Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is considered an asset
– Good IT knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), good command of SNS (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
– Strong organizational abilities, as the successful candidate will need to be flexible and able to work unsupervised to keep on top of the workload and changing priorities
– Good communication and interpersonal skills, good team player
– Any previous work experience in Embassy, public service, communication, PR, office management is an asset
– Fixed-term contract for one year renewable, with a trial period of three (3) months
– Working hours: 40 hours/week
– Advantages: Competitive salary, public transport refund, medical check-up, twenty (20) statutory holidays
– Estimated starting date: January 2022
– Send your CV and cover letter in English no later than Sunday January 2d, 11PM (Tokyo time) to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating “Administrative Assistant – BEL/TYO/2021/POL1” in the subject line.
– After a first screening based on CV and cover letter, selected candidates will be invited for a written and oral test to assess their skills, motivation and linguistic competences.
– A second screening will be operated and short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you have a question about this job offer, don’t hesitate to send it per email to email@example.com