Our next WEBINAR will be a joint effort with Deloitte Japan and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in Japan:
“Managing through the maelstrom: COVID-19 – a health and economic crisis”
What started as a health crisis has morphed into an economic crisis. Navigating a state of emergency, business leaders are challenged daily to attend to the needs of multiple stakeholders. Initial imperatives of ensuring employee safety, and enabling operational continuity, have been joined by concerns over supply chain integrity and changing modes of customer engagement. As budgets bend and forecast fracture, financial risk is ever-present. The accelerated adoption of digital technologies has the potential to unlock exciting new business models and facilitate mobility and decentralized working – yet these virtues bring vulnerability. Amongst this complexity and uncertainty, leaders must conceive and create their command center – an organizational response to these challenges that enables them to operate their business, manage risk, and ensure regulatory compliance. Supporting decision making today, whilst planning for tomorrow.
To help navigate these challenging times, 5 Deloitte professionals (profiles in attachment) will share perspectives related to doing business in Japan during the COVID-19 emergency.
Topics will include:
-Evolution of a crisis:
- Japan’s COVID-19 experience
- Consumer response
- Government subsidies on employment adjustment
- Special loans from government supported institutions
- Deferral of tax payments
- Carryback of net operating losses
-Financial reporting matters:
- Accounting and disclosure considerations
- Impact on forecasting and management estimates
-Technology vision and vulnerability:
- The effect of COVID-19 on the three most affected Cyber pillars (Phishing, Cloud & Identity, Home & Privacy)
- Applicable risk mitigations
- Way forward and best practices
-Command center: evolution from rapid response to thoughtful recovery
- Command Center Recover focus and organization
- Drive strategic conversation on building resilience
- Capture insight and prepare for change
Friday 29 May
11:30-12:30 (45 minutes presentation, 15 minutes Q&A)
Free of charge
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com before Thursday 28 May 18:00, and we will confirm your registration.
This webinar will be conducted via ZOOM. If your registration is accepted, you will receive an email with a ZOOM invitation link and password on the morning of the event.
We hope to welcome many of you at this joint webinar!
The BLCCJ office