This is already our last newsletter for 2022!
And we have several BLCCJ NEWS to share with you.
Yesterday we held our AGM at the Belgian Embassy. Activities and financial figures for 2022, and the activity calendar and budget for 2023 were unanimously approved by the attending members (incl. proxies).
The Board of Directors 2022 continues for one more year, till 31 December 2023:
- President: Fabrice Tilot, Triple-A Management
- Vice-President: Jan De Bock, trainspot
- Vice-President: Laurent Depus, Escapade Japan
- Treasurer: Frederic Lucron, Hilton Osaka
- Secretary General: Kevin Dethoor, PlatinumGames
- Director: Jo Anseeuw, Materialise Japan
- Director: Jean-Pierre Bernardino, Puratos Japan
- Director: Samuel Blondel, IKEA Japan
- Director: Jérôme Chouchan, Godiva Japan
- Director: Kazumasa Imoto, Solvay Japan
- Director: Hironori Kato, Barco Japan
- Director: Kazuma Kato, Kamiyacho International Law Office
At the AGM we announced an increase in membership fees due to inflation. This is the first increase in over 10 years. We count on your understanding and support.
- Flagship fees remain the same (+ JPY 400,000 / 300,000 / 200,000)
- Corporate fees will increase from JPY 150,000 to JPY 175,000
- Professional fees will increase from JPY 50,000 to JPY 60,000
- Individual fees will increase from JPY 30,000 to JPY 35,000
- Starter fees remain the same (JPY 15,000)
BLCCJ has a new website with a visually strong & modern design, and easier to navigate on any device. You can now also sign up for events through our website, and there is a handy calendar view function to keep track.
We hope you have fun exploring it!
Don’t forget to take advantage of our Christmas basket promotions and gift ideas!
-BLCCJ EVENTS already lined up for 2023:
- Wednesday 18 January, 18:30-22:00: New Year party @ Le Petit Tonneau Toranomon – we are currently taking applications
- Weekend of 18 February: Inter-Chamber Ski-Snowboard-Onsen Networking Retreat @ Lotte Arai Resort in Niigata (the Austrian Chamber is taking the lead, BLCCJ is supporting the event)
- Joint Golf Tournament with French and Swiss Chambers: Tuesday 23 May @ Tako GC
- BLCCJ Gala 2023: Friday 10 November @ Conrad hotel
Every year the Japanese Ministry of Justice reaches out to business organisations to try to collect requests for translations of legislation.
If you have any requests in regard to laws, ordinances or regulations that you would like to see translated into English, please fill in the attached form and send it to the EBC by 12 January 2023: [email protected]
Here are some NEWS HEADLINES of the past days:
-Japan to phase in carbon pricing from FY 2028 in decarbonization push (Mainichi Japan, Dec 14)
-Japan’s Rapidus, Belgium institute join hands on advanced chip R&D (Mainichi Japan, Dec 6)
-Japan’s Oct. household spending up 1.2% on recovering tourism (Kyodo News, Dec 6)
-Japan’s domestic travel campaign to resume Jan. 10 after holiday break (NHK World – Japan, Dec 13)
-Japan gov’t experts call for COVID testing before New Year travel amid relaxed guidelines (Mainichi Japan, Dec 12)
-Intl. flights at Narita still down by half (NHK World – Japan, Dec 9)
-Symbol meaning “war” picked as kanji of 2022 amid int’l conflicts (Kyodo News, Dec 12)
On a final note, our office will be closed for the holidays from Monday 26 December until Tuesday 3 January 2023. We will be back at your service on Wednesday 4 January!