Newsletter July 7Share
Before some of you might go into holiday mode, let us remind you of 3 upcoming events:
1) Webinar “Road to Carbon Neutrality: Renewable Energy and Energy Storage” with presentations by BLCCJ members TotalEnergies, Umicore and Solvay: Tuesday 13 July, 17:00-18:00 @ Zoom
2) “Meet the BLCCJ Members” – online meet & greet with Samuel Blondel (IKEA Japan), Veronique Dezonne (B.N.L. Brussels-Nagoya-Languages), Atsuya Hanazawa (Umicore Japan) and Kazuma Kato (Keiwa Sogo Law Offices): Thursday 29 July, 18:30-19:30 @ Zoom
3) The deadline for our 11th Nippon Export Award (NEA) is approaching: Tuesday 31 August. Apply and perhaps your company will win our bi-annual business award this year!
More information on the NEA website.
MIPRO is organizing a Startup Seminar: “Business Startup and Status of Residence in Japan”
Time and Date: 14:00-15:30, July 16, 2021
You can sign up through the event page or send an email to: email@example.com
We would like to request your cooperation for 2 surveys:
1) The EBC has launched a flash survey targeting European businesses in Japan to better evaluate the real impact of the entry restrictions on European businesses and use the results for advocacy purposes.
Survey link: https://fr.surveymonkey.
Deadline: July 7, 2021
2) The Delegation of the EU to Japan has launched a survey relating to Trade in Digital Goods and Services between the EU and Japan.
Survey link: https://ec.europa.eu/
Deadline: August 20, 2021
BLCCJ member B.N.L. Brussels Nagoya Languages is looking for a part-time Dutch teacher.
For inquiries or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding COVID-19, our colleagues of the American Chamber of Commerce have sifted through government webpages to compile useful information for the foreign community, which we gladly share for your reference:
– ACCJ COVID-19 Vaccine Hub
– ACCJ Re-entry Resources
Also, one chamber of commerce in Japan is in the process of setting up its own Occupational Innoculation centre at a location near Tokyo station. It might be possible for BLCCJ member company employees to receive vaccinations at this centre, sometime this summer, possibly for a fee. This matter is pending, we will keep you posted.
Finally, here are some news headlines of the past days:
-Osaka to ask Japan gov’t to extend COVID-19 quasi-emergency (Kyodo News, July 7)
-Japan to extend COVID restrictions for 30m people until after Olympics (Nikkei Asia, July 6)
-Japan seeks to have vaccine passports accepted by over 10 nations (Kyodo News, July 4)
-Japan to tighten border control for travelers from Indonesia, Zambia (Kyodo News, July 6)
-Japan’s household spending jumps in May, rebounding from virus slump (Mainichi Japan, July 6)
-Japan’s FY 2020 revenue hits record $549 bil. on tax hike effect (Mainichi Japan, July 6)
-Japan’s wages up but below pre-pandemic level (NHK World – Japan, July 6)
-56% of Tokyo assembly election voters oppose Summer Games going ahead as planned (Mainichi Japan, July 5)
-Japan eyes 5,000-spectator cap for Tokyo Olympics (Kyodo News, July 7)
-JR East to inspect baggage at Tokyo stations during Olympics (Kyodo News, July 6)
-Japan government forced to backpedal on workplace vaccinations (The Yomiuri Shimbun, July 4)
-Municipalities forced to suspend vaccinations due to dire shortage (Asahi Shimbun, July 3)
Stay safe during the rainy season!
The BLCCJ office