We hope you are keeping well in these busy and challenging times.
NEWS FROM THE BLCCJ OFFICE:
-Next week the BLCCJ office will welcome Akiko Itoh as BLCCJ Executive Assistant. She will be replacing Madoka Shibata during her maternity leave starting from November 1. We hereby extend a warm welcome to Akiko, and wish Madoka all the best with her new step in life.
-After months of preparations, the BLCCJ office renovation has now been completed! If you are in the neighborhood, feel free to drop us a visit.
-We are also working on a new BLCCJ website. Currently in the testing phase, we hope to reveal it to you soon!
UPCOMING BLCCJ EVENTS:
–October beer gathering: Monday 24 October, from 19:00 @ BBC Antwerp Port
-Last week the 3 finalist companies were invited to our Nippon Export Award 2022-2023 jury session.
Are you curious who won this year? Then join our Gala on 11 November where the winner will be revealed!
–BLCCJ Gala “100”: Friday 11 November, 18:30-23:00 @ Conrad Tokyo – currently 216 guests have been confirmed, registration is open till 1 November
- 1 ticket costs JPY 1,000, but for JPY 10,000 you can get 12 tickets!
- If you want to purchase raffle tickets in advance, please contact our office.On the day itself we can give a receipt for raffle purchases upon request.
- We are still looking for students who want to help out with the raffle ticket sales and raffle prize distribution! Anyone interested should contact our office by the end of October.
- Raffle prizes are still welcome till 28 October!
-Next “Meet the BLCCJ Members” presenting our new corporate members: Tuesday 22 November, 18:30-19:30 @ Zoom
-Save-the-date: BLCCJ Annual General Meeting: Wednesday 14 December, 18:30-19:30 @ Belgian Embassy. This will be followed by a dinner.
NEWS FROM OUR MEMBERS:
From October 20 till 23, Boutique “Artistic & Co” in The New Otani Tokyo (part of BLCCJ professional member Trinity Co., Ltd.) is organizing the pop-up event “Quelle chance” with jewelry of Japanese designer 山吹祥子 (Shoko Yamabuki).
Part of the sales will be donated to the Egao Plannet Association. More details here and in the attachment – don’t miss it!
NEWS FROM RELATED ORGANIZATIONS:
-The Belgian Embassy in Tokyo is looking for a new administrative assistant – applications have to be received by 11 November
- Luxembourg Prime Minister Xavier Bettel and Finance Minister Yuriko Backes are currently visiting Japan. Yesterday they had a meeting with Japan Prime Minister Fumio Kishida (more information on the MOFA website).
- Luxembourg Trade & Investment Office Tokyo has published its September Crossroads newsletter.
- On 3 October, national innovation agency Luxinnovation has signed a memorandum of cooperation with JETRO, the Japan External Trade Organisation, in order to support innovative Japanese companies looking to open offices in Luxembourg.
–Hyogo prefecture is organizing a hybrid seminar in Tokyo on the prefecture’s strong points: Tuesday 11 November, 14:00-16:30 @ Conrad Tokyo – free of charge, but prior registration is needed (in Japanese only)
-BLCCJ is again supporting the Expat Expo Tokyo, this year on November 25 and 26 @ Hamamatsucho-kan – registration is now open
Finally, here are some NEWS HEADLINES of the past days:
-Rapid, one-sided yen fall negative for Japan economy: BOJ chief (Kyodo News, Oct 19)
-Yen falls to fresh 32-year low in lower 149 zone vs. dollar in London (Kyodo News, Oct 18)
-Booze price hikes add woes as bars adapt to reopening Japan (Mainichi Japan, Oct. 19)
-No. of bankruptcies in Japan up in April-Sept. for 1st rise in 3 yrs (Kyodo News, Oct. 16)
-Japan set to be short of 1 million medical, welfare workers in 2040 (The Asahi Shimbun, Oct. 19)
-Large hydrogen station to be set up at former Olympic Village (The Asahi Shimbun, Oct 17)
Take good care, and we look forward to meeting again soon!