While we wrap up our first week back in the office, let us share some news with you.
You can still sign up for next week’s WEBINARS:
–Webinar on Virtual Meetings: Tuesday 9 June, 15:00-16:00
–Webinar on Labor Law amendments: Thursday 11 June, 14:00-15:00
If you are interested, just send us an email, and we will put you on the list.
On Monday 22 June 12:00-13:00 we have planned a webinar with PwC on tax matters, details will go out soon.
Today we also want to share some special DISCOUNTS for BLCCJ members:
1) Ecological startup Just Smile (an initiative of former BLCCJ Starter Helena Andre) is offering a 10% discount to all BLCCJ members on their products.
Please use the code: BLCCJJUSTSMILE
2) Shinjuku Japanese Language Institute is offering a 15% discount (- JPY 10,200) to BLCCJ members on their Evening – Saturday Japanese courses (Beginners, Intermediate, Business). More details in the attachment.
To sign up, go to this link, fill out the form and for the question: “How did you hear about us?” please select “other” and add “BLCCJ member”.
3) In view of the grand opening in August, Fraser Suites Akasaka is offering a special opening room rate to the BLCCJ members. You can find more details in the attachment.
Make sure to mention you are a BLCCJ member when making a reservation by email (no discount with online booking).
4) And don’t forget the BLCCJ discount at the Armani ristorante!
- Lunch: JPY 3,900 for a 4-course meal inclusive of welcome drink and mineral water (normal price JPY 4,500)
- Dinner: JPY 6,900 for a 4-course meal inclusive of welcome drink and mineral water (special menu, usually starting from 6-course menu @ JPY 10,000)
- The offer is only valid during the week, from Tuesday to Friday (except some blackout dates around the holidays).
- The offer is valid for max. 8 people per group – please note that tables can seat only 4 people together.
- If you want to make a reservation, please send the details and your phone number to [email protected] After we confirmed you are a member, the restaurant will follow up with you directly.
Finally, some news HEADLINES of the past week:
-Also the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ) has listed the economic support programs for business in Japan in English.
-Japan says foreigners with humanitarian needs exempt from entry ban (Kyodo News, June 4)
-Japan, New Zealand agree to discuss easing of travel restrictions (The Mainichi, June 4)
-China to conditionally allow foreign air carriers to increase flights (Kyodo News, June 4)
-COVID-19 crisis sends more than 200 companies into bankruptcy (The Asahi Shimbun, June 4)
-Japan’s household spending down 11% in April (NHK World – Japan, June 5)
-How the coronavirus is changing working styles in Japan (The Mainichi, June 3)
-Japan mulls simplifying Tokyo Games due to coronavirus (Kyodo News, June 4)
-Tokyo Olympics countdown event to be canceled (NHK World – Japan, June 5)
–Belgium: The National Security Council approved the transition to Phase 3 of the phase-out plan starting on 8 June (as of June 3).
Have a safe and pleasant weekend!
The BLCCJ office