Nippon Export Award
The “Nippon Export Award” is an initiative of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan, with the purpose to reward those companies that have made significant achievements in exporting to Japan, importing into Japan, or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products or services.
This award is aimed at enhancing the winner’s image in both Belgian-Luxembourg and Japanese markets, and is an incentive for the company, its staff and its stakeholders.
The award is organised every 2 years. In 2017 we organized already the 9th edition. The winning company of the Nippon Export Award 2017-2018 is Eurasia Trading! In 2019 we will organize the 10th edition.
The winning company will receive an award, and is allowed to mention on all their documents: “Winner of the Nippon Export Award 2017-2018”. The use of the Nippon Export Award’s logo is also granted. The winner will also benefit from:
- Media attention: local media are invited to the special Award reception and encouraged to write articles on the ceremony; a press release is sent to the Japanese and Belgian-Luxembourg press
- The possibility of inviting their own guests/business contacts to the Award ceremony
- Special feature coverage on the BLCCJ website and SNS
The Nippon Export Award is under the High Patronage of:
- The Prime Minister of Belgium
- The Prime Minister of Luxembourg
Also granting their patronage to the Award are:
- Embassy of Belgium in Japan
- Embassy of Luxembourg in Japan
- Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX)
- Brussels Invest & Export (BI&E)
- Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)
Furthermore the Nippon Export Award is also supported by the Belgo-Luxembourg Market Council (BLMC).
Where and when?
Applications for the 2017 edition have been closed. The 10th edition of the Nippon Export Award will be organised in 2019. We will send out the application information starting April 2019, deadline will be end of August 2019.
A first selection of 3 candidates will be made by the BLCCJ Organizing Committee in September, the final winner will be chosen by a professional jury after jury presentations in October. The official announcement of the winner will take place during the annual BLCCJ gala ball in November, and will be confirmed at an award ceremony at the Belgian or Luxembourg Embassy before the end of the year.
Conditions for Application
- The award is open to every company exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products/services.
- Companies must have been actively exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan for a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous winners can only reapply four years after their last participation with a different brand or service.
- Applicants do not need to be a BLCCJ member.
- Companies without representative office in Japan are also eligible.
A pre-selection of 3 candidates will be made by the BLCCJ Organizing Committee. Next the candidates will be invited for a presentation in Tokyo in front of a jury, who will appoint the winning company. The winning company will be the one who has shown the greatest export achievements in its sector. The selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The presence in the Japanese market and the company’s significant achievement (either growth or size) in trade with Japan.
- Showing vision in new niche markets, daring innovation to embark on new opportunities.
- Perseverance in the conquest of the market, adaptation of the products and services to the Japanese taste and standards.
- Originality of approach (marketing, distribution, environment protection, design, research…)
- The company’s spirit (marketing, merchandising…).
Past winners of the Nippon Export Award are:
- Puratos Japan KK: Award Winner in 2004
- Frisk International NV: Award Winner in 2005
- Ecover NV: Award Winner in 2006
- Sarnoff Europe: Award Winner in 2007
- Agfa Gevaert Japan: Award Winner in 2009
- Materialise Japan: Award Winner in 2011
- Godiva Japan, Inc.: Award winner in 2013
- UCB Japan Co., Ltd.: Award winner in 2015
- Eurasia Trading Co., Ltd.: Award winner in 2017
If you are interested in participating in the next edition, please keep an eye out on our website in 2019. We will then publish an application form.
The application form will have to be accompanied by a powerpoint presentation or other materials. The application will have to be done in English. The application deadline will be end of August 2019.
If you would know Belgian/Luxembourg or Japanese companies that are entitled for participation in the Award competition, please do not hesitate to circulate the information to them. This award competition is not only open to BLCCJ members, but also to non-members.