NIPPON EXPORT AWARD
The “Nippon Export Award” is an initiative of the Belgian-Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce in Japan, with the purpose to reward those SMEs or large companies that have made significant achievements in exporting to Japan, importing into Japan, or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products or services.
This award is aimed at enhancing the winner’s image in both Belgian-Luxembourg and Japanese markets, and is an incentive for the company, its staff and its stakeholders.
The Nippon Export Award is organised every 2 years. In 2019 we will organise the anniversary 10th edition!
The winning company will receive an award, and is allowed to mention on all their documents: “Winner of the Nippon Export Award 2019-2020”. The use of the Nippon Export Award’s logo is also granted. The winner will also benefit from:
- Media attention: local media are invited to the Award ceremony and encouraged to write articles on the Nippon Export Award and its recipient; a press release is sent to the Japanese and Belgian-Luxembourg press
- The possibility of inviting their own guests/business contacts to the Award ceremony
- Special feature coverage on the BLCCJ website and social media
The Nippon Export Award is under the High Patronage of:
- The Prime Minister of Belgium
- The Prime Minister of Luxembourg
Also granting their patronage to the Award are:
- Embassy of Belgium in Japan
- Embassy of Luxembourg in Japan
- Luxembourg Chamber of Commerce
- Flanders Investment & Trade (FIT)
- Wallonia Export-Investment Agency (AWEX)
- Brussels Invest & Export (BI&E)
Furthermore, the Nippon Export Award is also supported by the Belgo-Luxembourg Market Council (BLMC).
Where and when?
The deadline for the 2019-2020 edition is Friday 30 August 2019.
A first selection of 3 candidates will be made by the BLCCJ Organizing Committee in September and the final winner will be chosen by a professional jury in October. This will be commemorated with an award ceremony at the Belgian or Luxembourg Embassy before the end of the year. The winner will also be announced at the annual BLCCJ gala ball, on 21 November 2019
Conditions for Application
- The award is open to every company exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan, Belgian-Luxembourg products/services.
- Companies must have been actively exporting to Japan, importing into Japan or distributing within Japan for a minimum of 3 years.
- Previous winners can reapply four years after their last participation with a different brand or service.
- Applicants do not need to be a BLCCJ member.
- Companies without representative office in Japan are also eligible.
The winning company will have shown outstanding export achievements.
The selection criteria are:
- The presence in the Japanese market and the company’s significant achievement (either growth or size) in trade with Japan.
- Showing vision in new niche markets, daring innovation to embark on new opportunities.
- Perseverance in the conquest of the market, adaptation of the products and services to the Japanese taste and standards.
- Originality of approach (marketing, distribution, environment protection, design, research…)
- The company’s spirit (marketing, merchandising…).
Past winners of the Nippon Export Award are:
- Puratos Japan KK: Award Winner in 2004
- Frisk International NV: Award Winner in 2005
- Ecover NV: Award Winner in 2006
- Sarnoff Europe: Award Winner in 2007
- Agfa Gevaert Japan: Award Winner in 2009
- Materialise Japan: Award Winner in 2011
- Godiva Japan, Inc.: Award winner in 2013
- UCB Japan Co., Ltd.: Award winner in 2015
- Eurasia Trading Co., Ltd.: Award winner in 2017
If you are interested in participating in the 2019-2020 edition, please send back the attached application form before Friday 30 August 2019.
The application form will have to be accompanied by a powerpoint presentation or other materials. The application has to be done in English.
If you would know Belgian/Luxembourg or Japanese companies that are entitled for participation in the Award competition, please do not hesitate to circulate the information to them. This award competition is not only open to BLCCJ members, but also to non-members.